Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chapter 3

As soon as I climbed out of my bed the next morning, I could hear the soft sound of rain. I quickly pulled on my robe and scrambled to the kitchen for breakfast. I had just realized -- Today was going to be one of the best days ever! --. "Good-morning Mom" I said sitting down at our small dining room table. " Good-morning Rose, I was just reading a article about the Olympic Gymnasts, How did you sleep last night?" Asked Mom. "Good, But I had a question, Well....The Fierce Five have a autograph signing here...In town....Can we go?" I asked, Soon after a huge smile spreading on my face. "Sure! Would you like to take your Friends, too?" Mom asked, Soon after my answer was "YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!". Then I started Day-dreaming about how awesome it would be to meet them. Then I walked to the phone, I called Hannah first. And her answer had been the same as Mine "YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!". Then I called Kara, then Freyya, and then Leanna. I thought it would be nice for my whole Gymnastics team to meet them -- They are like our Role Models! Or there at least my Role models! --.

                                                                       ♥♥♥

After a breakfast of Pancakes and bacon, I started to walk to the Gym. It had been raining now for about an hour or so. I was cold and numb by the time I got to the Gym, but it was all worth it. After I got there, there was a happy bustle of excitement going threw the Gym. My Heart leaped when I saw Hannah practicing a In-Air split on the Beam. But today, Leanna wasn't there. I guessed that she was still recovering from her minor injury. This meant that I was late. But, Luckily I had only missed Beam warm-ups. So I pulled off my sweats, and hurried over to the Beam. Hannah did a great Split -- Actually even higher than a split! --. Then she did 3 cartwheels and her dismount. Next up was Freyya, who still seemed nervous and worried. Freyya did her whole routine good except she didn't nearly go as high was Hannah on her splits, but she was still great -- especially for a nervous person! --. "Girls, Water break!" Coach Anna said in a bit of a more louder voice so that everyone could hear. I ran like a race horse! I ran to my locker and took 2 sips of water, and ran back to the Mats. Everyone did their warm ups including me, and this time I noticed improvement! My left Split went further than ever! And the same with the rest of the team. After we finished Warm-ups, then we went to floor -- We didn't need to go anywhere! --.Hannah was up first, she went threw her routine perfectly! "Very nice, Hannah! You have pointed toes, Legs straight. I can tell you really try hard!" Coach Anna praised, A smile crossing her face, "I'm proud of you." She said again to Hannah. "You really do work hard" I said, and gave Hannah a wink. "Thanks" Hannah replied, I could tell she was flattered by all of the compliments. Next was Kara, Kara did mostly everything great, except she stumbled a tiny bit on her finish. "Thats Okay, Kara. Now I can actually see that you are trying your best" Coach Anna said, with a nod of approval. Next up was me. I did everything Pretty well -- I think. "Nice" Coach Anna said to me. I really wanted more than "Nice" But that was Okay! Next was Freyya, I was sure she was still nervous, and again, It showed. After the whole team had finished, we moved onto Vault. It was strange, Because I was up first. I was never up first on the Vault! But I did it anyway, I ran, and the jumped on the Spring-Board, Bounced on the vault with my hands, and landed! Coach Anna clapped I smiled, maybe I would make it to the Olympics someday, I never stopped believing that it could happen! Next on Vault was Hannah, She bounded right threw her routine and came out with the same Finish as me. "If there's 2 people making on this team making the Olympics it would be you and.....I don't know who else" I whispered. After Hannah it was Freyya's turn, she must have been extra worried because this was the same -- exact -- vault her BFF got hurt on. Freyya did very good until she forgot to push up on the Vault! Now that must have been scary. But, Freyya was okay. Next was Kara. She did good. She -- yet again -- stumbled on her dismount. After vault we headed over to Uneven Bars. I was so excited! I was up first, I flew threw the bars, I felt as if I were flying. And I did a good dismount, Or, I didn't think I stumbled! "Great Job on your dismount! You have Improved, Rose!" Coach Anna said. After, Hannah, Kara, Freyya and the rest of the team went, I went to get my Gym bag, along with everyone else. I grabbed my Gym bag and walked home.

                                                                          ♥♥♥

Later that day after Lunch I waited for my team Gymnastics to come. I checked my watch 1:32. "Mom, They were supposed to be here 2 minutes ago!" I said, but I meant it playfully. "Yes, I'm sure they'll be here in one minute" Said Mom. I giggled, and went down the hallway to my room. I stuck some of the mini-posters I had printed out last night onto my bulletin board. The mini posters had pictures of Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Weiber, Aly Raisman, Kyla Ross, and Mckayla Maroony. And a couple of Naustia Liukin. Right when I heard a ding-dong at our door, I scrambled to the door. I opened it, it was the whole team! "I'm glad you guys could come!" I said happily. "Us, too!" Hannah, Freyya, Kara, and Leanna said all at the same time. I saw Leanna, then I saw Crutches. "Leanna, Are you alright?" I asked. "Uh, Well, Yeah. I just got a bad sprain, It'll be okay." Leanna said. "Okay, I'm glad you could come!" I said. "Thanks" Leanna said. Soon Mom came out, "Would anyone like anything?" Mom asked. "We want to go!" We all said at the same time, then we all giggled. "Alright, I'll go park the car infront of the house so we don't have to take an adventure threw the garage!" Mom said, Laughing slightly. After Mom had pulled up the Car infront of the house, we all piled in. Luckily we had enough seats!

                                                                               ♥♥♥

After we got to the Arena, I was astonished. It was so awesome! There were seats everywhere -- Not one seat was empty! The bottom of the arena was Huge! It was amazing. The whole Gymnastics team was looking around, astonished like me. As soon as the Fierce Five came out into the Arena, It sounded like there was a bomb of clapping going off! I Clapped extra hard, and so did My Teammates -- or friends. After the introduction, there was beam routines. After the beam routines there was Vault, After they finished Vault, they did their Uneven Bars! I was so excited! Watching the Olympic Girls preform, That was a dream come true to me! After the Uneven bars, they did Floor. It was sooo cool to watch The Fierce Five do their performance It made me want to be in the Olympics even more! After the performance, we headed down to the arena. There, Up close, I saw the Fierce Five. I held up my Autograph Card, "Hello" I said simply. "Hi" They all said, one after another. "So, Do you want to be in the Olympics?" Gabby Douglas asked me, "Yes, I want to go to Rio" I said shortly. "Very cool" Gabby Replied and gave me back my Autograph Card. The rest of the Fierce Five asked me the same, and I had the same reply. I ended up getting everyone's autograph. I was so excited!

                                                                           ♥♥♥

After we got home, some of the girls could stay for dinner, but others could not. So I settled down with Hannah and Kara at the dining table. Mom fixed us Pasta for dinner that night, mine was very good. After Hannah and Kara left, I went to my bed-room. I had picked special frames for my autographs, I smiled at them, Remembering how astonished and happy and excited I had been Earlier. I got on my Pajama's and Once again, Crawled into bed. I fell asleep that night listening to the soft sound of the Rain, pitter-patter, pitter-patter...


Authors note: ;D

2 comments: