Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chapter 10

The next morning, I got up in a hurry. Today was the day that Coach Anna was going to announce a new competition  I was super excited for it, I couldn't wait to be out of the competition floor again....It felt like....well, it felt perfect.
 I knew Hannah was excited the same amount as me, probably the whole gymnastics team was! It is a pretty big meet, it's a big step into someones Gymnastics career, but Coach Anna is yet to tell us if it is that meet! Hopefully so.... I thought. I Jumped out of bed, put on my leotard and warm-up clothes and raced out to breakfast.
Hannah repeated the same thing as me. it was sort of a race of who could do it faster, sort of just for giggles and fun. As soon as we reached the kitchen, I suddenly realized Goodness! Mom isn't up! It is barely 6:30 AM! Maybe I can make breakfast for me and Hannah... I thought.
Just then, I ran over to the fridge, grabbed eight eggs, cracked them and put them in the frying pan, turned on the stove, and scrambled the eggs.
It was a lot of work, with some help by Hannah, who put two pieces of toast in the toaster, but we finally got it finished and we had breakfast. By the time we were done, it was around 7:00, Mom still didn't wake up....But that's normal, Mom always wakes up late. "I'm so happy it's finally spring break!" I said suddenly. "Yeah, I guess....But it's not really like spring..." Hannah said and glanced outside the window onto the frozen and snowy streets and houses. The sun was now half up, but our little village that we lived in still seemed gloomy. "That's true" I said after a long pause. "We better get going." we didn't want to be late!

                                                                   
  ❤❤❤


I walked out the door of my house and felt the cool air hit my neck. I forgot my scarf! I thought. "Oh well..." I said under my breath. "What?" Hannah asked me. I guess she had heard what I said.
"Oh, I just mumbled to myself that I forgot my scarf." I replied.
" Oh." Hannah finished. Then I remembered something... The new girl, Sky would be at Gymnastics today!
"Hannah, did you remember Sky is going to be at gymnastics today?!?!?!?!" I asked Hannah excitedly.
"Nope! I forgot!" Hannah said excitedly, but not as excited as me.
I couldn't wait to have a new member of the team.

                                                                 
      ❤❤

After a rough half-hour of walking to the gym in -10 degree weather, we got there. It always seemed like home at the gym. I always felt so happy to be there.
I waved to Coach Anna who was with a girl with brown hair, blue eyes, and she was wearing braids. That must be Sky  I thought to myself.
Coach Anna was showing her around her new gym. Then I saw Sky try out our apparatuses.
Just then, Hannah walked up to me. " Whoa, she is really good!" Hannah whispered to me.
"Yeah, I know! She is really good." I said. Then my jaw dropped, and I tried to hide it.
After that, I ran over to my locker and put away my stuff, and ran out onto the Gym Mats and did a handspring out of the blue.
I stuck my landing and did a finish, along with a smile of course. If you don't have a smile during your routine, you may get deductions from your score. That could be the difference from Gold Medal to Silver Medal, or even no medal at all. Small deduction in Gymnastics make a huge difference.
"Girls, come here." Coach Anna shouted across the whole gym. The second after she told us that, I sprinted across the gym, and jumped on the Mini-trampoline to speed up, and then I landed right on the mat she told us to meet at.
"Girls," Coach Anna began. "We have a new member of the team I would like you all to meet." She said.
Then Sky walked out and stood next to Coach Anna. "This is Sky everyone."
Sky waved at the whole team. "I just moved from the other side of the state. I needed to find a gym near me, I just couldn't live without Gymnastics." Sky began.
"Also...I want to make the Olympics. I  know most girls on this team are on a good track, so that's why I joined your team. I hope I'm welcome here." Sky finished. She said everything in a very kind tone of voice, which for some reason, made me anticipated to see how she did her gymnastics.
"We do welcome you here, Sky." I spoke up suddenly, silence following until Coach Anna broke it.
"Girls, let's warm up and get onto our routines. Now, before we start...I will tell you about your next competition...." Coach Anna stopped her sentence and took a deep breath. "We are going to state competitions. You will be going against Illinois. You girls have come so far..." Coach Anna stopped talking again.
"I am so proud of all of you. And now that we have a bigger team. We are ranked #1 Women's Gymnastics team in this state. I cant express how so very much I am proud--of all of you." she finally finished.
I could hardly believe it either, I mean the #1 gymnastics team in the whole entire state?!?!?!?! Awesome! "Anyway girls, let's go over to the mats and start warming up." Coach Anna added. With that, everyone in the team ran over to the mats
After warming up, which took a long time, we went over to the Balance Beam to practice our new routine. Coach Anna had decided apparently to teach us a new routine with a new,and very talented, girl on the team. "Alright girls. We have been practicing this Beam routine on the floor for quite awhile now, we will finally put it onto the Beam. Sky, I understand you have already learned this routine?" Coach Anna said. 
Sky nodded. "Alright then, let's get started. Sky, you can just go back to things you have already learned for now--it will only be a little while redoing these things. The other girls haven't learned them yet." Sky nodded again. 


                                                                      ❤❤❤

After a long hour of practicing our new Bar Routine--which by the way Sky was already mastering, I finally got it right. I had completed an almost-perfect Bar Routine. I did my finish and ran off to get a sip of water and ran right back up to the Bars. 
As soon as I mounted the Bars, I felt right at home. This is where I do amazing routines, usually--today I needed extra practice today for some reason...--, one place I feel like I am unstoppable, as if I can do anything. It also felt like I was flying, flying to the victory and satisfaction of a gold medal.... I should have stopped thinking then. Because then something horrific happened, something that put me in a lot of shock. I landed my bar routine with a huge clunk on the mats.




Authors Note: Hehehehe. I love cliff hangers. xD

Anyway, it's up! I am sorry this chapter is so late! I usually go to a tutor to work on these chapters, and I didn't go all summer (it wasn't going on in Summer), and I have been busy this summer, I know that is weird because you are supposed to be less busy in the summer.... Also, sorry this chapter is so short! I just felt the need for a cliff hanger. Lol. :)

-Mia


6 comments:

  1. Dun...dun...dun! -drum roll- What happens next? -eyes close tightly- =.=

    Lol I just love cliff hangers too!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cliffhangers too! But I am super anxious to what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *bangs table*
    MOOOAAAAAR

    ReplyDelete