Monday, December 10, 2012

Chapter 7

On Sunday morning, I woke up at 7:00. I crawled out of bed, the walked over to my calender, Today's the day.... I thought. Today I would either be slowly working toward my dreams, or staying were I was. The moment I started thinking about that, I got butterflies in my stomach. Today was the Gymnastics meet About a minute later, the butterflies went away, so then I quickly slipped on my leotard and warm-up clothes. But today I didn't wear my normal leotard. Like how any country in the Olympics would wear their Country's colors, I wore my gym's colors. I felt special that way. After I finished getting dressed, I walked over to Sydney with her favorite toy and played with her. After about three minutes of playing with Sydney, I heard Mom call me for breakfast. Today Instead of pancakes or french-toast, I had cereal.

                                                                          ♥♥♥

After I finished my cereal, I stayed in the kitchen for a little while. "Are you nervous at all?" Mom asked me. "A little.....Butterflies...." I replied. "Oh, Yes. I know how you feel. I mean, not about Gymnastics, but about Skiing." Mom said. "Wait.....what? I didn't know you Skied!" I said in shock. "Yes, I did. I was about your age, too. I remember my third race at age ten, I was nervous." Mom said. "Which place did you get? First, second, third, or beyond that?" I asked immediately. "Let me tell you the story. I had bad luck throughout the season, I had either been either skiing into a tree, or just crashing into someone." Mom continued. I giggled a little at the thought of Mom skiing into a tree. Mom laughed some, too. "Then, when that race came, I was all set to win last place, I was even so nervous I forgot my polls." Mom continued. "But when that race was finished, First place came between me and my best friend. And the judges took the longest time to choose -- or so it seemed. The I heard my name announced next to 'First Place'. I had never expected to win even third place, let alone first! But I did. And that medal is still proudly hung in my bedroom." Mom finished and got up and went down the hallway to the door to her bedroom and motioned for me to follow. I got up out of my chair, and went to Mom's bedroom. As soon as I walked in, I saw the gold medal standing in a case. "Whoa...." I said in awe. "I never knew you were a skier!" I said in awe again. "I was. Even though, I never made it as far as the Olympics--or even two more meets--I still cherish that moment" Mom said smiling. "I wonder if that will happen with me. But I would want to go to more meets than just one." I said, I smiled. Then I saw a picture of Mom skiing. "I think we should go skiing. I would love to teach you. I mean not now, but as soon as it starts to snow. The weather is bad enough, it might start snowing. Anyway, we better get going, we don't want you to be late on a day like this!" Mom said. I didn't know what to say. I was honestly in shock! And I had a hard time believing that I had never seen the Ski's in the corner of Mom's room. 

                                                                     ♥♥♥

As soon as we got to the Gym, my nerves started to kick in. I remembered my routines by heart, I was just nervous that I would freeze. As soon as I saw Hannah, I ran over to her. "Are you nervous?" I asked Hannah. "Kind-of.....I guess I'm not really worried about my floor routine, though." Hannah replied. "Your right. You like were born for Floor Routine." I said smiling. "Thanks! I think you'll win first-place for Uneven Bars." Hannah said, smiling as well. "Thanks!" I said to Hannah, now I was grinning ear-to-ear. After talking with Hannah, I felt a little less nervous. I watched nervously as Hannah mounted the Beam. A great Handspring, a good in-air split, and a great dismount. I clapped as she finished her Dismount, and landed on her feet. I clapped and smiled. "Didn't Hannah do great?" I asked Dixie. "Yup" Dixie said, with a nervous look on her face. "It's okay. Your great at Beam. I think we all have something that we are good at." I said. "I guess..." Dixie said. "Next up, Rose from Twizlers Gymnastics on the Uneven Bars" The Announcer  said. Before I went over to the uneven bars, I visioned my routine, and how I wanted it to look. After visualizing for about ten seconds, I quickly hurried over to the Uneven Bars, And started my routine. I whirled around, completed two great handstands, A great Split-release, And a perfect Dismount. I did my Gymnastics Finish then headed back to where I had been sitting before I was called. "You did great!" Dixie told me as soon as I sat down. "Thanks" I said. Then my butterflies were calm--for a couple of minutes. Then I heard the announcer call Adrianna, a girl from another gym, up onto the Vault. I held my breath as I watched Adrianna soar over the Vault, then I saw that she stuck her landing--she made it look effortless! Now I got nervous again. My stomach twisted into a knot. I could see Hannah on the Floor Routine at the same time, I saw that she too stuck her landing. I clapped for her, I really did clap for everyone, but especially Hannah. Then I saw Hannah do her Finish. I cheered the loudest--or at least I hope I did. 

                                                                       ♥♥♥

After everyone had gone through their routines, it was probably the most anxious ten minutes of my life. I was so nervous, I was so nervous and anxious because this was when the judges were calculating our scores, and it wasn't only ours, it was everyone's all at once. I hoped that I could get a medal, fourth and fifth place and so on don't get medals. So I wanted either, first, second, or third. But I would take fourth, too. I could barely control my butterflies in my stomach at this point. "In first place on Uneven Bars" The announcer called. My Jaw was tight, I was also holding my breath. I saw other girls--that did really really well--doing the same. I saw the Announcer check her clipboard, and looked away from it with an uneasy look. This made me even more nervous."A tie between, Rose from Twizlers Gymnastics, and Emma from Champion Gymnastics!" The Announcer said finally. I couldn't believe it! The first thing I could do was except a bunch of hugs from, Hannah, Dixie, Freyya, Leanna, and Kara. Then I hurried over to the podium where I excepted my medal. I smiled as I looked around at the audience, the first person I saw was Mom, cheering the loudest. I grinned from ear-to-ear. This is the road to the Olympics! I thought to myself. Then I smiled even more imagining myself Soar on the Uneven bars in the 2016 Rio Olympics, then standing on the podium, excepting a gold medal.... Then I heard the Announcer start to speak again. "Second place on Uneven Bars.......Maria from Sparkle Gymnastics!" Then the Announcer finished announcing for the Uneven Bars, I still held my breath--for my team, they have became my close friends. "For Floor Routine Awards" The announcer said. "First place goes to...Hannah from Twizlers Gymnastics!" The announcer said. I clapped so much, I thought my hands were going to fall off. I grinned at Hannah as I watched her medal being draped around her neck. But, the announcing wasn't over yet. "Second Place on Floor Routine goes to.....Megan from Champion Gymnastics" The announcer said. "And taking third place on Floor routine..." I held my breath, for me, and my teammates. "Kara from Twizlers Gymnastics!" The announcer finished announcing the Floor Routine medals. I did clap for Kara though,. It seemed like only yesterday that Kara was struggling on Floor, and now here she is getting third place on Floor! I cheered and clapped  'til my hands hurt, and my voice went weak. I could tell that Kara was very Happy. "Now for Beam Awards!" The announcer began. "First place goes to Dixie from Twizlers Gymnastics!". Dixie was so excited, it really did show. I saw her and Kara go up to the podium at the same time. I cheered and clapped for Dixie, too. After all, she was a friend now. "Second place goes to.....Megan from Champion Gymnastics!" the announcer continued. "And coming in third place is......Hannah from Twizlers Gymnastics!".  I clapped hard from the podium. I also watched Hannah except her medal. I knew that Hannah wasn't expecting that. I saw her in   shock, happy shock, though. "Now for Vault" The Announcer continued. "First place goes to....Dixie from Twizlers Gymnastics!". I watched as a grin spread across Dixie's face. I smiled watching Dixie except her medal. "Second place goes to......Rose from Twizlers Gymnastics!". I was in shock. My eyes as big as saucers, I has never expected this! But, it was a good shock. I smiled as I excepted my medal. "Third place goes to.....Adrianna from Spirit Gymnastics!" The Announcer finished. I watched as Adrianna excepted her medal. Then I saw the announcer walk to the middle of our gym. "Thank you everyone for coming. And I hope you enjoyed this years annual Gymnastics State Competition!" She said. And with that, all of the gymnasts from all states were piling out the door, into their lockers, or into the viewing area to find their parents. Afterwards, I felt like I was floating, this had seemed like a dream! But, I pinched myself to make sure. It was real. After I filled up on water, I went over to my team to congratulate them. Sure enough, we all said Congratulations at the same exact time.

                                                                     ♥♥♥

After Congratulating everyone from my gym, I went up to the seating area to try and find Mom. After about 10 minutes of looking, I found her. "Hi Mom!" I said. "I'm so proud of you, Rose!" Mom said at the same time as giving me a giant hug. "Thanks Mom!" I said. "Oh, and hi." Mom finished. Mom was grinning ear to ear, just as I had been when I had excepted my medals on the podium.

                                                                     ♥♥♥
Later that day after I got home, all I could really do was fall over on the couch. I felt little paws climbing up my body, it was Sydney. Sydney is my cat who I've had since I was a baby. Then I closed my eyes and pet Sydney at the same time. I closed my eyes to contemplate what had just happened. I contemplated  how I had gotten two medals......about a half-hour after thinking about the medals, I gently put Sydney next to my feet, and got up and went to my room down the hallway--carrying my two medals. As soon as I got to my room, I checked the time. 5:46 PM the clock said. Wow....I never thought it was this late! I thought to myself. I glanced out the window, the rain still pouring. It had been stormy and rainy for months now. Where I live, it rarely clears up. Then I focused on what I was doing--trying to find a safe place for my two medals. Even though I had only been awarded these two medals only hours ago, they were two of my most special things. I looked for a place in my closet, on my side table, by my window, and on my wall. And didn't have any luck. But, finally, after about an hour or so of looking, I found a great place on my bookshelf.  I put them in the top-glass part of my bookshelf. Where I also kept my autographs from the Fierce Five. When I was in the middle of closing the door to the glass shelf, I heard mom call for dinner. I finished closing my shelf, then I walked to the kitchen.

                                                                     ♥♥♥

After eating a very tasty dinner, I went back into my bedroom and changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed. Then I fell asleep, once again, listening to the pitter-patter of rain....and some thunder.


Authors Note: I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry! This was SO late. It take a LONG logn ling long time to make a chapter. Not so much the typing, but it's the things that I have to think up. ;)


7 comments:

  1. In 2016, I HAVE to see you on the Olympic Trials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your talking about Mia, she is going in 2020. Because she will be too young in 2016. She will on;y be 14. And the age limit is....16 I think? I'm not sure.

      Delete
    2. Lol. There was a 15 year old who entered the Olympics. So.... the youngest age is at least 15 years.
      Once this 10 year old boy competed in the Olympics, but it was like in the early 1900s...

      Delete
    3. Whoa! xD! Ohh...Yeah....I was re-watching the team U.S.A Olympic trials for gymnastics, and a 15 year old girl made the Olympics as a back-up. So, I guess I could.... :D

      Delete
  2. awesome chapter!!!!!!soooooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!=D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay she won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete