Friday, October 19, 2012

Chapter 5

The next morning, I crawled out of bed. I peeked over to my clock. 6:32 AM  "It's early" I mumbled to myself. I went down stairs, to find Sydney curled up sleeping. The sound of her breathing was always relaxing to me. I tip-toed down the hall into the computer room and turned it on. Then I walked over to the phone.  Then I called Hannah. "Hello?" Hannah said in a tiny voice, I could tell she had just woken up, too. "Hi Hannah, It's Rose." I said, I realized that I sounded tired, too. "Sorry for calling so early.....I just woke up early today." I said, walking back over to the computer. "Me, too." Hannah said yawning. I looked into the distance staring out, I found myself staring in the direction of the Gym. "So, Are you nervous about the....Competition?" Hannah asked me. "Kind-of. I mean, we only have 2 weeks to practice" I said truthfully . "Don't worry, I feel the same way." Hannah said. Then I heard footsteps down the hallway. "Rose?" I heard the familiar voice, it was Mom. "Yes, Mom?" I asked. "Oh, I just wanted to know if that was you" Mom said to me with a wink. "Rose? Helllooooo?" Hannah said. I giggled a little. "I'm here!" I said. "Okay--" Hannah just said, when she got cut off by her Mom in the distance. "I have to go" Hannah said, I could tell she didn't want to go. "Okay, Bye!" I said. Then I pushed off on the phone, and put it back on the stand to charge.


                                                                         ♥♥♥

After breakfast, I hurried to my room to collect my gym bag, grips, and my leotard. Then I set off walking to the gym. It was raining again, I didn't exactly like walking to the gym in the rain, but that would be okay. After about a solid 10 minutes of walking, I finally reached the gym. Today I was about 5 minutes early, so I could take my time. Then something struck me Competition, I sighed. I really did need the extra practice, we only had 2 weeks to train! So today, instead of going and watching the state champions, I headed over to  the mats. I first I practiced my Handsprings, then Splits, followed by a Walkover. Then I headed over to the uneven bars. Oh yeah! I need my grips! I thought to myself. At that moment, I  started running across the gym and reached my locker, by this time, Hannah had gotten to the gym. "Hi Hannah!" I called across the gym waving wildly. "Hi!" Hannah called wildly back to me. After Hannah had reached the mats -- along with me, we started stretching. "Sorry I called you so early this morning, I was just a little anxious" I said. "Oh! It's fine! I woke up early, too!" Hannah said, a ping of excitement in her voice. Then, Kara walked up, followed by Freyya. "Hello" They both said at the same time. Before we got to reply, Coach Anna walked up and nodded toward us. "Thank you girls for starting to stretch before I got here, I was talking to Coach Lydia. You know.....you girls will be there someday." Coach Anna said, it seemed she was looking in the direction of Hannah, then me, then Kara, and finally Freyya. "Has anyone seen Dixie? I hope she isn't late today." Coach Anna said, to me the end sounded kind-of brisk. Just then, Dixie walked up. "I'm sorry, I had a sleepover last night. I'm really so sorry I was late" Dixie said. "It's fine! But for these final days, we would like you to be on time. But that would be starting next week. Since next week, we would only have that week to train." Coach Anna said. My stomach twisted into a knot, two weeks? I asked myself in my head, That's not long at all!. "Now girls, lets go to Beam." Coach Anna said, I was honestly a little nervous about only having 2 weeks. I galloped over to the beam, Hannah and Dixie both catching up to me. Dixie was first, I thought that Beam was her best event, but she had only been in two classes so I didn't know for sure. She completed a perfect Handspring and a good split jump. And a fantastic dismount. My jaw dropped a little, but right after I quickly closed it so that no-one would see. I  Next was me. I completed a good In-Air split, an okay hand-spring, and a great dismount. Next was Hannah, she flew threw her routine like it was effortless. I clapped and smiled. Next was Kara, and she managed to land her dismount! I was proud of her. "I'm proud of you Kara! You landed it! You did it!" Coach Anna said with a smile. "Thanks!" Kara mumbled smiling broadly. Last was Freyya, this time she actually landed her hand-spring. I was glad, I really didn't want anyone to get hurt two weeks before competition. After Freya had finished her routine, we headed over to Uneven Bars. I had been looking forward -- extra! -- all day to the Uneven Bars. They are my favorite thing in Gymnastics. I was up first, I swung on the bars. As always, I felt as if I was flying. Then I completed my split on the bars, and then my dismount. Then I did a finish. Perfect I thought, although It wasn't exactly perfect, I thought it  was good though. I smiled. Next up was Hannah, she did her split, followed by a handstand, and then her dismount. I clapped -- and smiled. I saw that Hannah was smiling, too. Then Kara was up, she was good, she also landed her dismount! "I think Kara has been improving" Hannah whispered to me. "Definitely" I replied. Then was Freyya. She seemed to have improved,  too. Her dismount was wonderful. I didn't expect that. "I guess everyone does have to step up their game a little bit..." I said. "I guess" Hannah said. "I mean, our competition is in two weeks" She continued. "It's so soon..." I said, kind-of worried. "Agreed" Hannah said like a business woman. I giggled. I could hear it in Hannah's voice, too. After the Uneven Bars, we headed over to floor. "Girls, I really want you to all remember your routines, you may get a deduction if you need help or forget your routine." Coach Anna said, "Girls, Please also be sure to be early for the next part of our practice, we once again only have two weeks. I'm very proud of you girls. I really am" Coach Anna said, smiling. At that moment, me and my whole team were smiling.

                                                                            ♥♥♥

After Gymnastics I walked home. I was still smiling, I couldn't get over how proud Coach Anna had seemed. I walked up to my porch and looked threw the cold window. I saw Sydney curled up on the rug in the living room. I smiled at Sydney, too. Then I opened the door and quickly ran in and threw myself on the couch. I was still smiling. After about a solid 10 minutes sitting on the couch and daydreaming about the Olympics, I got up. Then I walked into the kitchen. "Dinner's ready!" Mom said. I walked over to the dining room table and sat down. "You seem happy." Mom said, playfully. "Coach Anna is very proud of the team and how hard we've worked. But, I'm still kind-of nervous about the Competition...I mean, we only have 2 weeks left to train..." I said truthfully. "That's okay. I'm proud of you, too. I remember when you did your first-ever Gymnastics, a tumble roll on the lawn when you were two. Right after the 2004 Athens Olympics." Mom said in awe. "Me too." I said, I stared back to that moment....Then a happy relief went over me. I didn't feel as nervous as I had before. "Thanks Mom" I said. "Your welcome, Rose." Mom said.

                                                                         ♥♥♥

 After a delicious dinner of spaghetti, I headed down the hallway to my room. I slipped on my Pajamas, then went back down the hall. "Mom," I said. "Yes, Rose?" Mom said kindly. "Do you.....think I'll go to the Olympics some day?" I asked while biting my lip. "I do," Mom began "As long as you keep training. If you do, I think you'll be like Gabby Douglas." Mom said, smiling at me. I smiled back at her. "Thanks Mom" I said. After that I skipped down the hallway to my room. I saw that Sydney had curled up on my pillow. I walked over to Sydney and gently took her off my pillow. I heard a small 'Meow' come out of her. Then I took her up on my bed and gently set her down again. Then I crawled under my covers and fell asleep, once again, listening to the soft pitter-pater of the rain.



Authors note: I'm SOOOOO sorry! I barely had time to write this week! I'll try to hurry on them, though. :). I'm just busy ^_____^. I used to just be able to just sit down at my computer for a straight 2 hours and write out a whole chapter, now I'm suuuuuuuper busy. I wish I could write on here more often c; . Chapter 6 will be written tomorrow and/or sunday! (Probably...In-less I'm busy then, too. .-.)

Thanks for Reading! :D



2 comments: